A major global software company who are growing rapidly in the technology space are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. Their mission is to deliver a worldwide free software platform for individuals and organisations. This is a fantastic opportunity on offer to work with a global team in the comfort of your own space.
Your New Role
- Understand and operate cloud and container technology from kernel to dashboard - OpenStack and Kubernetes
- Maintain operational responsibility for all of the companies core services, networks, and infrastructure
- Develop new features and improve the resilience and scalability of the existing cloud and container portfolio
- Automate operations for reuse across the worlds largest companies, taking into consideration the complexities of distributed systems
- Develop skills in troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance analysis
- Collaborate with development teams to design service architecture, documentation, playbooks, policies and operational procedures
- Provide assistance and collaborate with globally distributed engineering, operations, and support peers.
- Be given uninterrupted software development time to collaborate on larger coding projects and automate manual tasks
- Carry final responsibility for the time-critical escalations
- Engineering degree, preferably in computer science or software engineering
- Python software development experience, with large projects
- Strong modern engineering background (peer-review, unit testing, SCM, CI/CD, Agile)
- Extensive Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Practical knowledge of Linux networking, routing, and firewalls
- Self-driven, able to troubleshoot from kernel to web, and willing to ask others when appropriate
For all of your hard work, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to be part of a highly successful and fun business.
Successful employees appreciate
- 100% Working from Home
- Fantastic Equity and Bonus on offer
- Continued training and education opportunities
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Barry Foster from Talent.Realised on 0413 301 887
Please ensure ALL resumes are sent in WORD FORMAT ONLY.
Successful applications will be contacted by phone.