The main roles and responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Designs database structures and associated models to support the information needs of the business
- Administer the database configuration, security, schema and objects, ensuring compliance against agreed standards and guidelines
- Perform monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain performance to meet the business needs
- Assist with database software installations and upgrades to maintain currency with supported environments
- Provide Level II and /or Level III support to users and/or support team members to minimise user/system down time
What You’ll Need
You’ll have minimum 5 years experience of MySQL and Oracle DBA experience you will also have:
- Provision MySQL and Oracle, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Relational database theory, design rules and development practices, including data modelling, data flow and entity relationship analysis, data structure analysis, logical and physical database design, data access methods, storage capacity management and database recovery techniques.
- Handle enterprise common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, performance etc.
- Profile server resource capacity, usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Demonstrated experience in Linux Shell Scripting
- Demonstrated experience in PL/SQL scripting
Want to apply?
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Lucas Tiley from Talent.Realised on 0422266816
Please ensure ALL resumes are sent in WORD FORMAT ONLY.
Successful applications will be contacted by phone.