The position is based in the Sydney CBD.
- Engineering ethos is to build software that is well-covered with automated tests, easy to maintain and scale as their team grows
- You'll be a key contributor to the product and will have a voice in the business as a whole
- Use the latest technologies
- Java 8, Kotlin, Springboot, Google App Engine, Datastore, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Compute, Nginx, Google BigQuery, Looker, Google Cloud AI, TypeScript, Angular 6, Webpack.
What you'll need
- You are experienced using Java (currently version 8) to build medium-to-large backend applications.
- You are experienced with Kotlin or you are excited and willing to learn it
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- You are comfortable working independently on small, medium and large projects
- You are able to architect large Java applications to manage complexity by balancing maintainability, performance, and agility.
- You can give thoughtful code review feedback
- You are comfortable working through legacy code and refactoring it to be in accordance with team practices.
- You are committed to stay up to date with latest technologies and continue modernizing our tech stack
- You are a good leader and know how to get the best out of a team
- You have production experience maintaining a frontend codebase
- Flexible working hours
- Games Room
- Transparent environment
- Work closely with CTO
- Regular reviews
- Opportunity to really make a difference