Fast-growing company based in the heart of Sydney CBD are looking for a passionate Java Backend API Developer for a property market-disrupting technology business to work with cutting-edge technology.
Your new role
- Promote a safe and sustainable working environment.
- Contribute to the product and product development processes.
- Participate in wider company discussions and decisions.
- Take features and bug fixes from concept through to production. You will sniff out the real requirements, understand design trade-offs, deploy it to production, and monitor it with metrics.
- Collaborate within the company and with our partners.
- Treat our customers, partners, and colleagues with respect and compassion.
- You may occasionally need to respond to system outages after hours, but it has been very rare in the past.
What you'll need
- Experience using Java 8, Kotlin, Springboot, Google App Engine, Datastore, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Compute, Nginx, Google BigQuery, Looker, Google Cloud AI, TypeScript, Angular 6, Webpack.
- Ability working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- You are comfortable working independently on small, medium and large projects
- You are able to architect large Java applications to manage complexity by balancing maintainability, performance, and agility.
- You can give thoughtful code review feedback and are willing to receive the same.
- You are comfortable working through legacy code and refactoring it to be in accordance with team practices.
- You have production experience maintaining a frontend codebase; you can tell us what you enjoy about working with Java/Kotlin, and what you don't
The good stuff you'll get when you get the job
- Equity in a successful, well-funded Australian start-up with significant value growth opportunity
- Laptop, monitor, and other equipment provided
- Flexible working location and hours
- Games room with Play Station 4 and daily lunchtime competitions
- Transparent and sustainable working environment
- We value continually improving our code quality and reducing technical complexity
- We inform our product changes with user testing and research
- We build software to encourage health practices supported by data, and we aim to build that software using practices and through decisions supported by data
- Opportunities to collaborate with other business departments, including marketing, sales, recruitment and finance
If you think this role is for you, click "apply now" and send us your CV in WORD format only.
If you'd like to find out more about the role before you apply, call Barry Foster for a confidential discussion on 0413 301 887 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note; because we're expecting a lot of interest in this role, we'll only be contacting successful applicants.