As Application Specialist, you will use your expertise and knowledge to assist in the implementation of new projects, functional testing, building documentation for 3rd party vendors, as well as maintaining existing software and applications required by the business.
You will be the 'glue' between the business, IT team and the vendors as the key person to support key business systems, working alongside the IT and business team on the implementation of new projects.
With your excellent communication skills, drive to learn and push yourself, you will assist users with day-to-day enquiries, issues, and promote the development of an improved process or system use.
You will also develop checks and tests for data integrity to ensure operational stability, and take part in driving change, improvement across business systems, to improve business outcomes and efficiency.
To be successful for this role, you should have:
- 2-3 years' experience - ideally in a similar role in retail or wholesale industry preferred
- A solid understanding of typical business processes across multiple departments.
- Point of Sales and ERP experience.
- A strong technical knowledge of application integrations using varying formats / delivery methods would be highly regarded.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / SQL Skills.
- Strong demonstration of initiative, and drive to make things happen.
- Proactive in ensuring progress is made and not living with the status Quo
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop products