A government organisation is looking for a Linux System Engineer to design, build, support and manage corporate systems in a Linux and VMware based private cloud.
Your New Role
The main roles and responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Evaluate, test and build solutions to address a variety of technical problems; applying relevant policies, standards, and best practice to ensure the resilience and longevity of systems and solutions.
- Take a leading role in coordinating and engineering the technical delivery and maintenance of applications to documented standards. Work with other SMEs and MSPs to provision related system configurations including firewall rules, load balancer configurations, storage and backup services.
- Create written procedures and other technical documentation to underpin effective system support and implementation.
- Deliver technical consulting and subject matter expertise to project teams to ensure risks, interdependencies and exceptions are identified, resolved, mitigated or escalated.
- Reflect TAFE NSW’s values in the way you work and abide by policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment.
- Understand and improve business processes and procedures related to implementation and maintenance of Linux systems and related applications.
You will also possess the following skills:
- Managing complex and competing demands with multiple stakeholders whilst meeting customer expectations.
- Rapidly designing and deploying cloud and virtualised Linux based systems in a large-scale, complex, multi-platform, geographically dispersed and constantly changing environment.
- Interpreting high level architectural designs to build reliable, functional Linux based systems in a complex and secure environment.
- Working effectively within defined architectural, security and financial constraints.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Lucas Tiley from Talent.Realised on 0422266816
Please ensure ALL resumes are sent in WORD FORMAT ONLY.
Successful applications will be contacted by phone.